Out Player Development
Scarborough Sharks have out player development on Friday and Sundays that focus on skating, transitions, .....
Scarborough Sharks are proud to partner with Pro Sports Hockey Development
The main goal is to make the beginner’s first impression of hockey a good one! When players get started on a positive note, they automatically enjoy the game and usually go on to have fun playing hockey for many years.
Hockey Canada Player Development Pyramid was created to provide the coach with a comprehensive guideline to help develop a seasonal plan. The natural progression starting at the base of the triangle emphasizes the development of fundamental skills. Fundamental skills are the foundation of each player’s success.
|Hockey season is the best time of year, but before you go out to play – have you done your homework to make sure that your body is power-fueled? Skating and playing hard require lots of energy and enough fluids to keep you in the game. Carbohydrate-rich foods are your best bet to fueling your body. To get the most out of your performance, here are some sport nutrition tips to ensure that you are power-fueled and well hydrated before and after hockey practices and games.
1) Choose carbohydrate-rich foods as your best energy fuel. The following foods are chock full of carbohydrates:
2) Be sure to include foods that add protein. The following foods pack a protein punch when they accompany your carbohydrate-rich foods:
Meal Examples – Pre Workout With milk, vegetable and/or fruit juice
- Omelet or potato frittata
- French toast with fruit and yogurt
- Grilled chicken and veggie kabobs on rice
- Sandwiche with turkey or chicken and veggies
Large Snack – Pre Workout With milk, vegetable and/or fruit juice
- Hard cooked egg or cheese with crackers
- Fresh fruit with cottage cheese
- Whole wheat bread or bagels with a slice of cheese or nut butter
- Low fat yogurt with granola
Small Snack – Pre-Workout With milk, vegetable and/or fruit juice
- A few crackers with fruit/vegetable juices, water
- Piece of fresh or dried fruit with water
- Small granola bar with water or fruit juice
- Chocolate milk or fruit smoothie